What to discuss today:
- Grades have selected quality texts for their units of work, beginning pulling out the content from the new curriculum.
- Blooms activity during staff TPL- differentiate activities in grades on a task that they will be teaching in the next two weeks. Bring back in 2 weeks to the staff for discussion and evaluation.
- Appy hour- tying in app and take away tasks for professional learning during appy hour. Mix of teacher tools and classroom based apps/software.
- New initiative to link with appy hour. We have had a bit of fun with the name and called it ‘iPad bites’. This includes relevant Apps for staff and students being uploaded during whole staff meetings in order for all staff have immediate access. this will allow all staff to become familiar and have access to relevant apps and if extra support or professional development is needed, appy hour is a time will be a time for further exploring, questioning, fun, discussion.
- Gate conference- fantastic conference. Came away inspired, innovated, blown away by the level of dedicated colleagues and international guests.
Wed tpl – Difference between creativity and creative thinking. Inspiration app, i-view app Tuesday am meeting download, development of units, more student apps added to kindy iPads, plus much much more …….
Lucinda and Ruth